I you went from SAHM to working... How did your so handle it?

We weren't that short on money but dh wanted me to get a part time job... I got on within 2 weeks working nights and weekends (opposite him because of childcare and one car). I work 20 hrs a week, love my job and was promoted my first day to sales lead, now I'm training to be a part time assistant manager at gymboree. I got the job mostly because when he gets out of the army I'll have some work experience but now he seems mad that I'm working!!! He gets up at 5am, but wont sleep until I scratch his back at 10... He wants to do all these hikes but then says "oh, your working, that really sucks bcause I don't get to do anything"! Before it was "we don't have the money to do anything; you need a job"
Did your dh/so flip his opinion on you working too?

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 10:17 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hubby didn't like it, cause I made more than him, but its ok i guess that i make more than him from home,,,,weird huh?

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:44 AM on May. 5, 2010

• It sucked at first. It was hard to get into the swing of things and DH doesn't like that I make more than him, but whatever. I need to work to provide for my family, so it's what I do. He sounds like a whiney baby to me, sorry. You can't have your cake and eat it too...
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:02 AM on May. 5, 2010

• My husband was fine with it. I had a career when we met and got married. He knew that by time our daughter was 2 I would be heading back to work. It took some adjustment, but he just handled it.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 10:02 PM on May. 5, 2010