Needle Free Diabetes Testing?

Has anyone heard of a way to test without having to prick yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Health

• Not that I'm aware of. I mean, you need to test your blood for glucose levels.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:59 AM on May. 5, 2010

• There are ways but they are very expensive. The one I've seen is the watch type thing that tests the secretions from your skin or something, but like I said very VERY expensive.

There is the continuous glucose monitor but it does involve a prick, just you can wear it for a week (some more) and get accurate results, although i think you have to still do a finger prick in the morning for calibration.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 11:03 AM on May. 5, 2010

• The best thing to do is an HBA1C, which will tellyou your average level over the past 3 months. But if you're looking for something that will continuously tell you your glucose levels, finger sticks are the only way.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:16 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Finger sticks or on the arm are generally the main way....yes their is that watch but it's hugely expensive. Honestly, I prick my fingers so much I don't even feel it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:39 AM on May. 5, 2010