Will the real heaven please stand up?

Which heaven is the real mccoy?

The first, the atmosphere that envelops the earth (Genesis 1:8).

The second, what we call "space" (Genesis 15:5).

The third, the location of God's throne (2 Corinthians 12:2).

- something ot think about -

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 10:28 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe heaven is above us but not able to see it with our own eyes I mean when we leave this world we go to heaven it's like another world I'd imagine so no one really knows we can only imagine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I don't think the Bible lists an actual location of Heaven.  I just figured I'd know when I get there.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:39 AM on May. 5, 2010

• There is NO heaven.

shh

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 5, 2010

• good grief

heaven is where God's throne is located, it is in the place we call space and that space is the atmosphere that envelopes the earth.

Thank you for posting this verse. I have heard that there are hints of science that we didn't know about in the bible. I wonder how much was known about outer space. This also might give insight as to why we look up to the stars and call it the heavens. thanks so much. You have deepened my faith and understanding of God. Hugs and God bless you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 5, 2010

• uhm where do you get that these give the location of heaven? When I look up Gen 1:8 I get something different.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Genesis 15:5 (New International Version)
    5 He took him outside and said, "Look up at the heavens and count the stars—if indeed you can count them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 5, 2010

• 2 Corinthians 12
    Paul's Vision and His Thorn
    1I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on May. 5, 2010

• your verses are inaccurate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 5, 2010

• now this last verse in which you do not correctly quote will tell you which is the "Real McCoy" The third heaven in these times was the "real McCoy"

The First heaven is the atmosphere, the sky to use a simple word
    The Second heaven is the outer space, the moon, the sun the stars the blackness
    The Third heaven is your real McCoy, the read deal, not a simulation, do not pass go you are THERE the real McCoy the dwelling place of God.

None of the verses you quoted really talk about heaven and its location but since you asked I figured I would give you the real McCoy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on May. 5, 2010

• We have satellites and aircraft that have traveled into the sky and we have seen it from every angle, and god's heaven isn't in the sky. We have a spacecraft that has traveled to the borders of our little solar system, taking photographs all the way, so god's heaven isn't in space. We have telescopes that can see stars, planets and nebulas many light years away from us and the photos they have taken show nothing resembling god's heaven. I don't believe that god's heaven exists, but I do think that the Other Side is another dimension that we can't see, until we die and pass thru the black hole (tunnel) to get there. It is parallel to ours, because those from that side visit us fairly often.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:35 AM on May. 5, 2010