the monthy expanses

We are a family of 2 plus one baby. We spend abt 360$ for grocery and arround 120$ for the baby's stuff(diapers,water,formula). How abt you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Family of 3, single mom with an 8 year old and almost 6 year old, both boys. I spend around $200-250 a month on groceries.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:45 AM on May. 5, 2010

• how do you only spend 250 on groceries? We are a family of 3 and spend at least $400 I don't see why we need to spend that much but $100 a week is the lowest I can get it down to.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:47 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Sigle mom of a 14y/o...we spend aound $100.00/month.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:48 AM on May. 5, 2010

• We are a family of four. Parents, a 1yr old, and a six month old.
    We spend roughly 175 every two weeks for groceries. Making that roughly 350 a month. That's including baby/toddler supplies.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:54 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Trust me its taken some effort on my part to get the total down. Just a few months ago I was easily spending $400 as well, and couldn't figure out where all my cash was going. I started by buying what foods I could in the bulk section of my grocery store (pastas, beans, flour, etc). Next came shopping based on store ads, coupled with coupons. I'm cooking more from scratch now. Rather than buy instant oatmeal, I'm making it. 48 cents a pound compared to $3-4 for a box of 10 packets of instant is a great way to save, for instance. Healthier, too. I've managed to cut down on grocery costs without sacrificing the foods we love or eating beans every night.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:54 AM on May. 5, 2010

• As a family of 4. Myself, my husband, and 2 boys we spend around $400/500 a month.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:07 AM on May. 5, 2010

where do u find the 48 cents oat meal?
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 11:13 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Imane its in the bulk section of my grocery store. Even the packaged Quaker Oats is easily twice that per pound. If you have one in your area, I shop at Winco Foods. I'm on the West Coast. Here's another example of bulk shopping being a money saver. I buy dehydrated onions. In the cute little McCormick jars, they are $3.36 for 4 oz at my store. I'm able to get 4 oz for under $1 by buying in the bulk spice section.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:22 AM on May. 5, 2010