How much does living cost...

my child and I live with my mom and i am trying to add up how much it cost to move out?? Like things you have to have like Power, Water, and what else?? i do get Food stamps so don't have to buy much food

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Our family has between $3,200/3,500 in expenses going out just in bills every month (those are house payment, 2 car payments, health/car/home insurance. Utilities, groceries, other basic necessities). When I first moved out on my own and lived alone my expenses were half what they are now. It also depends on the area you live in, some states have much higher cost of living. I live in an area with a relatively low cost of living.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:17 AM on May. 5, 2010

• It does depend alot on where you live and what you are willing to live without. You dont really need cable or internet unless your job requires internet. Do you have a car paymt and insurance?
    You need to look at apartments and find out what they go for and figure rent, my electric/gas varies from $100/month to $250/month in really hot or really cold months. I live comfortably with $2000/month but i dont have alot of extras..no internet, my parents have me on there cell phone bill. Nohouse phone. My basic bills are

Rent $400 (its my parents rental so its fairly cheap for a house in a neighborhood)
    Groceries & walmart supplies $300
    Electric $100- $250
    Car insurance- $60
    health ins $270/month
    child care
    water/trash $45
    misc to consider- hair cuts, dog food, gas for car, gifts for bday parties, school supplies, clothes, fun stuff like movies/zoo

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 5, 2010