My daughter will live with my sister temporary-how do I transfer her?

She has been picked on for years, but it is worst this year she was physically abused by bullies.

She is very passive and does not know how to express her self clearly. When the therapist and I spoket to her last night, on the way home she said:
Mom I don't want to go to school because I am scared, and because they hurt me by calling me white girl. She said she smiles and laughs but it hurts in side-this is the first time she admitted it-she was trying to be brave. It all started the physical abuse when my neighbors moved in mind you they live down stairs. I will be moving to the same town as my sister in July, but my daughter can't wait. I need help.
I already called the superintended for the new school they said they will call me back. Pray for me they help me... also, if not is there anything else I can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• i would suggest getting a consult from a lawyer specializing in family matters you will probably have to grant your sister temporary custody so that she can get your daughter registered in school a lawyer is your best person to ask what you need to transfer her and many will do a free consult and will be able to tell you what paperwork you will need
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 11:34 AM on May. 5, 2010

• My mom and dad just took in my cousin because she was getting into trouble, so she was sent out to them, they were able to just put her into the school, they dont have custody. My mom went to the school and talked to them, but it probably helped that she knew a lot of people there.
    Im so sorry your daughter is going through that. Can you homeschool her for the rest of the year? That would be what I would probably do. Good luck, I was the only white girl in my class when I was younger, it wasnt until we moved that I was able to break out of my shell and feel comfotable. People can be really cruel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I think after the 138th day it's too late in the year to home school (you could check with your district). I really feel for your daughter, I was bullied all through my school years. As for granting temp custody to your sister, I don't know how to do that. I'd contact a lawyer to see what you need to do. Good luck!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:48 PM on May. 6, 2010