I am racist because I like Mexican food?? This really takes the cake!

I grew up in Texas. Mexicans and Mexican food were part and parcel of my childhood. We have had Mexican food on May 5 for as long as I can remember. Heck, the elderly Mexican lady that lived next door to us made sopapillas as an after schhol treat for us on Cinco de Mayo.

It is my turn to host Bunko tonight. We always have dinner before. I am making Mexican food. It is delicious, I really know how to prepare it and it IS Cinco de Mayo. I got a call from one of the ladies in the group last night. She actually wanted me to change the theme (Patio Fiesta) and the food. She felt it was a little racist on my part!

I have been called racist because I disagree with BO's spending, racist because I do not support illigal immigration, racist because I believe radical Islam is a problem..but this takes the cake!

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:10 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That's silly. I love good Mexican food. How is that racist? So does this mean that you can't have Chinese food on Chinese New Year?

I think you should embrace the racist badge that has been doled out to you and serve up a full on Fiesta. Maybe get some Mariachi music to go along (seriously, who doesn't love a Mariachi Band?).

No offense Special, but your friend seems a bit uptight. Maybe she should get started on that Tuscan wine a bit early so she can try to relax.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:23 AM on May. 5, 2010

• i would tell her to go shove a holiday tree up her ass
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:13 AM on May. 5, 2010

• well, have her define what WHITE people food and BLACK people food are...I would go on ahead and make Mexican food anyways...what race is your friend?
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 11:15 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I really got going when it was suggested that perhaps "Tuscan Cocktail Party" was a better theme...ladies could bring bottles of wine and cocktail accessories and maybe I could serve lasagna..since I make the BEST lasagna! Okay, if Patio Fiesta and Chicken Enchiladas w/ Habanero Cream Sauce is racist against Mexicans wouldn't TUSCAN Cocktail Party and Lasagna be offensive to Italians?? sheesh!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:15 AM on May. 5, 2010

• That one's new. If she doesn't want Mexican food, can I come and take her place? Hmmm, wonder if I have enough stuff for a batch of enchiladas? Thanks for the dinner ideas!
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 11:16 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Oh my goodness, this does take the cake!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 11:18 AM on May. 5, 2010

• LOL, then I'm racist ,too! I LOVE all Mexican food!!( IALSO love Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Greek foods, etc.) I see NO PROBLEM with your serving Mexican food at your Bunko party. Tell the woman to either bring her own food if she doesn't like Mexican, or don't come and you'll find someone to replace her.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:19 AM on May. 5, 2010

• seriously? gimme a break- make what you want!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:20 AM on May. 5, 2010

• The lady is white and her husband is one of the Lieutenants under my husband's command....that makes me the Boss's wife!

I was sitting there last night thinking about how "racist" I must be on multiple levels. Texas is in the south so I enjoy many African American foods, I took my 9 yr old out for Chinese last night to celebrate his birthday. I served pizza at his slumber party last Friday night, I make Stollen for Christmas gifts and I can't pass up Baklava when I see it as a dessert. I suppose there is no hope for me.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:21 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I would make that Mexican food and everyone will enjoy it,I am sure. The person who asked you to change the menu is a nut case. Don't even worry about it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:24 AM on May. 5, 2010