I want to make a spanish rice with pork, would any of you have a recipe?

Thankyou!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• SPANISH RICE AND BEANS
    1 tbsp. oil
    2 cloves of garlic
    1 sm. onion
    1/2 green pepper
    1/2 red pepper
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. pepper
    1 tsp. paprika
    4 slices of bacon
    1 1/2 c. rice
    1 can pink beans
    1/2 can 14.5 oz. whole tomatoes
    1 (6 oz.) can tomato sauce
    In large pot heat oil, add garlic, onion, cut bacon slices in half, red and green pepper. Then add whole tomatoes and sauce. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
    Add rice and beans to mixture and enough hot water to cover rice. Let come to a boil until rice is almost dry, add salt, pepper and paprika. Then cover and reduce heat. Let cook until rice is tender
    This is SOOO good! My son LOVES it!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:41 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I cheat - I make instant rice w/ taco seasoning in the water, add a can of diced tomatos and green chilis (drained), a can of black beans (drained and rinsed) and a can of corn (drained). I then add sauteed chicken or pork strips to it, sometimes cover it with cheese, and throw it in the oven.

with chicken, it makes a nice quick chicken soft taco - they just scoop it out of the pan and throw it on a tortilla.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 2:51 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Drop by the grocery store and go in the ethnic food aisle with all the spanish stuff. Look for the Knorr Brand CALDO DE TOMATO Boullion. It's tomato and chicken flavored. You can buy pressed cubes or loose powder. It's all the same! Also grab a jalapeno or 2 while you're there and an onion.

To make the rice you just dice up some onion. ( If I'm doing 2 cups of rice I may use up to 1/2 a small onion. It's all to taste.) Put your dry rice, the onion and some oil in the pot you're making the rice in. Also grab a jalapeno or 2 (I usually use one per 2 cups of rice) and poke holes in them with a toothpick or fork. The pepper adds no heat to the rice, but a ton of flavor! ( it is optional though).

(cont...............)
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:24 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Turn on the flame and brown the rice. The onions will also saute'. While the rice is browning ...( keep an eye on it) add the required amt of bouillion to your water. I always heat this up in the mirco wave to get the bouillion dissolving and heat the water so the rice doesn't take as long to cook! When your rice is browned...add your water to it!

That's it! Just cook like you normally would cook rice!

My little mexican friend taught me how to do this! I thought she made it from scratch every time and she finally told me her secret!

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:26 PM on May. 5, 2010