ok so im a farmers wife and A cow got out

SO i went to get it back in and i had to do a little running to get her back in the fence!!! (yes im sure i looked funny with my big round belly chasing this cow) but im 33 weeks and since then i have been feeling a lot of pressure down in my lower belly/ girl part! baby is head down so did i just make him move farther down by running?

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 11:54 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No. You probably just strained all of the muscles and ligaments that were holding him up. Glad you got the cow in, rogue calves are no fun at all.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:01 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Yes, you could have assisted the baby in moving. BUT they'll do that naturally any way, AND they don't stay that way. @ 33 weeks, he can still float back up. Don't be concerned. Though jogging is discouraged, because it causes stress to your pelvic floor muscles if your belly is unsupported, it is regarded as safe activity- provided that you use the assistance of a support belt to redistribute the weight. BUT it will not cause you any long term problems if you don't, just discomfort. I jogged with all 3 of my pregnancies.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:04 PM on May. 5, 2010

• lmfao kudos for the most random question i've seen today. :)
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 12:24 PM on May. 5, 2010

• maybe you could do your best to take it easy for the rest of the day. what a visual! i remember seeing a cow running up a hill in ireland, and that is a funny mental image, now i can pair it with a pregnant woman running after it : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:51 PM on May. 5, 2010

• OMG I feel for you! When I was pregnant with our first, we lived in a little rental on an acreage, right on the owner's farm - on 2 sides of the house were cattle yards and cattle got out (yes, plural - like 100) 3 times in the last couple months. One of the times I could not get ahold of anybody to come get them in - it's not fun trying to watch where they're wandering so you can tell whoever comes where to go! One night DH and 5 other guys were out til 2AM looking for all the cattle! I couldn't ever chase, but just walking amonth the big moobassers to the other house was scary!
    Anonymous