Dr put me on Glyburide?

If thats how you spell it? A friend of mine is also taking this, she doesnt fallow her diet anymore but says these meds keep her sugar under control enough.

Do you or did you stick to your diet on them? I would LOVE to get off this horrible flavorless diet and enjoy food again but not if that means i will end up on insulin. I asked my dr but she didnt give me a strait answer.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 12:17 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes - I'm on glyburide and of course I still follow my diet. It's not an either/or thing - glyburide isn't to take in place of the diet, it's only to help if the diet itself isn't enough to control your sugars. I would be interested to know if her sugars continue to stay under control on glyburide thoughout the pregnancy as GD usually continues to progress as pregnancy continues.
    I haven't found the diet to be "flavorless" at all. For lunch I had a blt on whole wheat and some fresh cut veggies (cukes, carrots and tomatoes) with ranch dip and some crystal light. It was yummy!

Answer by missanc at 2:25 PM on May. 5, 2010