Securing our border.

This is something I just thought of the other day, regarding our Mexican border. Because it is so insecure, what would stop terrorists and such to enter Mexico and then come into the US not noticed. This is a real danger. I have been to Canada a number of times and they have that thing pretty secure. Why Canada and not Mexico too? If someone wanted to really harm our country in some way, it just seems like it would be so easy to fly down to Mexico and enter the US. Has anyone else thought about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought Mexico was pretty secure too. When I went to Cancun, we had to go throught custums and it took a while. Getting into Canada was quicker
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 12:26 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Yes, but are not the police and such corrupt and can be easily bribed.
    Anonymous

• Of course, It's Canada who has fortified their borders not the U.S. The half assed try at a fence (that Obama has now stopped) is what you get when we try and close a border.
    The spots where you cross is not our problem it's all the other places that people and drugs get through that we need to address.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:36 PM on May. 5, 2010

• The Mexican border is pretty secure, just because so many illegals enter from Mexico is because they find a way around it. Trust me the cops in Mexico are corrupt and can be bought, but not the immigration cops lol. They work for the USA not Mexico.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• If our Mexican border was so secure, why are we having an illegal immigrant problem with the Hispanics down there?
    Anonymous

• The Mexican border is only secure at the roads and checkpoints. Miles of desert in between and not enough people to patrol it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:30 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I live in Arizona and for anyone to claim our borders are secure are living in a dream world. Thank God for Gov. Brewer. In the past couple of months alone an American Rancher was shot and killed on the border. "Coyotes" caused a major accident on I-10 coming up from Tuscon with a load of suspected illegal immigrants, A County sheriff's deputy was ambushed and shot at by suspected illegal drug smugglers. That doesn't include the numerous hit and runs by suspected illegals or the Illegals breaking in to our homes and raping our children. The madness has to stop some were and I'm proud that Arizona has finally taken a stand against this lawlessness

CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 3:44 PM on May. 5, 2010

• CKasting, Do you mind if I ask you what are "Coyotes". I am assuming that that is a code name for something.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry of course. Coyotes is a term used for human smugglers. Illegal immigrants will pay sometimes thousands of dollars for the "coyotes" to help sneak them across the border. Sometimes they will just drop them off in the desert to fend for themselves. Sometimes the coyotes will bring them all the way to Phoenix hold them hostage in a drop house untill there families pay a ransom.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 4:17 PM on May. 5, 2010