What are some good Jobs that don't require alot of standing?

I have painful arthritis in my feet,knees and hips. I have been a sahm for a few years now and would like to go out into the working world this fall when my son starts school full time.
The problem is I can't be on my feet for more then an hour at a time without the pain getting so severe I want to cry.
In the past I worked in school nutrition or cleaned houses..back then I could work on my feet...now I can't and need to know what is out there for a person who NEEDS to sit...can no longer be on my feet

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it!! I am a stay at home Mom to two children. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:31 AM on May. 6, 2010

• my dh works for a telemarketing company that pays the workers really well (he is in the I.T. dept.) they dont ever have to stand. idk why but i thought of the people at the zoo who sit to take your tickets...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:52 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Anything in an office will involve minimal standing--do you have any computer skills? I sit on my butt all day long as a paralegal--you could try for a receptionist or secretary position.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:31 PM on May. 5, 2010

• op here.....I know my way around a computer really well and have a good phone voice...so to be a receptionist do I need any skills other then those 2 or do I need a degree in something? yeah I know weird question...telemarketing would be good there is one fairly close to me
    Anonymous

• SAHMs have lots of skills that employers value, like time management, logistics, budgeting, etc. You probably have also done some volunteer work.

I do career and job search coaching; I will be happy to help you with your resume, cover letters, job search strategy, etc. Feel free to send me a message offlist.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 PM on May. 5, 2010