Do you 'hide' veggies?

what do you hide in what and how? I have read the sneaky chef stuff and it's just to time consuming for me to make 6 different purees to keep in the house at all times! Any simple ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hide veggies just to add an extra serving plus it cut the fat in the food a bit. I add mashed carrots to meat loaf, purees spinach to meat balls and smoothies. I also ad pureed cauliflower to mac and cheese and mashes cauliflower to mashed potatoes. I have been know to add puree peas to hamburgers.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:02 PM on May. 5, 2010

• just teach them what the veggies are GOOD for.

carrots for the eyes

broccoli for the bones

etc...thats how I've been able to get mine to eat their veggies.

teach them what animals like what veggies and then pretend to be that animal. we had a carrot fest the other night - all the kids eating like bunnies.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:53 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Don't hide them...teach them how to like them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I do hide veggies but honestly i dont hide them well anymore lol. I finely chop carrots and hide them in spaghetti saucebut you cna still see them I jsut saute the carrots a little celery onion and garlic in oil and then add meat and let veggies get soft with meat. then add jar sauce. I still serve veggies with the meal..this is just a way to add even more to our diet. I have even put drained and rinsed black beans ( i put them in food processor) and add them to our taco meat. 1/2 can per lb of meat.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• If you feed them veggies, they will eat them. It's that simple.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:58 PM on May. 5, 2010

• my daughter think spaghetti just has chopped carrots in it but she likes all kinds of veggies. lol
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:58 PM on May. 5, 2010

• That probably works on a normal child but mine has high functioning autism and only eats meat and starch. He will eat peas. I think it's the texture of veggies, they either crunch or are mushy. he doesn't eat fruit either. I can get broccoli mixed into mac and cheese. (noodles have to be cooked just right) I'm starting to worry. he is 3 and we are working with a 'food' therapist.
    Anonymous

• ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:05 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Yep, I have 'hidden' veggies before. I would put pureed sweet potatoes, carrots or squash into mac & cheese and my little one ate it and did not know the difference. Have you tried the V-8 or Ocean Spray juices? They have fruit and veggies in them and taste good too.
    Anonymous

• No, because the idea grosses me out. I've just always served veggies and if I'm making something I know one kid doesn't like, I make an additional veggie I know they do.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:01 PM on May. 5, 2010