My friend is getting an abortion today..what should I say to her when she calls cuz I know shes going ot after shes done it..

I've already sent her a txt saying,I know today is going to be hard for you so if you need anything or anyone to talk to Im here,but Im so scared when she calls I Might say the wrong thing.any suggestions?

also this is very hard for me I am pro life and I HAVE very strong opinions about abortion,but she is my friend and Im trying to support her as best i can

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 1:08 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Just be there for her and talk to her. She doesn't need judgement right now she needs a friend.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:22 PM on May. 5, 2010

• personally if it were my friend i wouldn't talk to her anymore, the best advice you could have give her would be refrences to adoption agencies
    Anonymous

• I've already sent her a txt saying,I know today is going to be hard for you so if you need anything or anyone to talk to Im here

^^This is probably exactly what she needs right now. Sounds to me like you're being a great friend.
    Anonymous

• You're being a good friend by not dumping her as a friend and by being there for her. That is probably the best thing you can do. If you still want to be friends it's best not to force your beliefs on her and it sounds like you get that. She probably won't need much more than for you to say you're there for her. You're doing something very mature and needed in this situation. If she does it, she won't have an easy day.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:17 PM on May. 5, 2010

• shut up anon #1. you dont need to force your opinions on everybody. not everybody wants to carry a baby to full term and then give it away to strangers.

i dont think you need to do or say anything. its not that big of a deal. you dont need to keep talking about it. dont say anything about how your pro-life. if she wants to talk, then let her talk. you should probably keep your opinions to yourself. besides that, talk about other things.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:17 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I had an abortion and my best friend is also pro-life. It was hard fo rme to even tell her I was getting it done...but she's my best friend, I had to tell her.
    The best thing she did for me was to listen.
    She didnt' agree with what I did but she never told me so. She knows that I had a hard decision to make and if I were in any kind of different circumstance at that time, I wouldnt have had the abortion.
    Just listen to her.Tell her you understand. And thats it.
    Anonymous

• You dont have to say anything. Hug her and tell her you are going to help her and tell her you are not going to say anything today.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:25 PM on May. 5, 2010

• you know what you are an awesome friend. People don't always do things we agree with but to stand by choices they make and put our beliefs aside is a real true friend. I personally would let her kind of lead the conversation. Let her know you are there for her and not a judgemental prick like many replies you will get!
    Anonymous

• You are her friend. This is her decision. Just be there for her and listen. She must be doing this for a reason and is probably terribly scared. Support her. This is a time of need. You are a good friend and I agree with with anon 1:18 & 1:17. Your beliefs are yours and her's are hers. Thank Goodness this procedure is still legal, imagine if a womens rights were taken away? If they were, your friend may not have been here tomorow.
    Anonymous

• just be a good friend to her and know that its her choice.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:37 PM on May. 5, 2010