Permanment Marker!

My daughter got a hold of a permanment market and drew all over her walls and her bedding as well as the tile floor and parts of the carpet. Does anyone know any secret on how to clean it up? There is no way I can afford to put knew carpet, tile and repaint this apartment when we move so there just has to be a way. I know hand sanitizer gets things up (seriously it does) I've tried that but it didnt get all of it out of the tile.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:09 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• #1 put up the markers where she can't find them lol
    #2 bust her butt and make her help
    #3 try magic eraser and mean green
    Anonymous

• Mr Clean Magic Eraser!!!! It works miracles with sharpie marks on the solid surfaces. I don't know what to say about the carpet though =/
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:12 PM on May. 5, 2010

• The only thing to do on the carpet is to cut out the marker spots. Her bedding is probably toast too. I would wet the bedding with shout advanced and then sprinkle oxyclean powder and let it sit overnight and then try to wash it.

My boys recently did the same thing with permanent marker. What worked for use was dawn dishsoap and a a scouring pad. It took lots of elbow grease, but I got it out. You can do this on the wall too, depending on the paint. Mr. Clean magic erasers work well on some surfaces, so you could try that.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:24 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I have no idea where she found it ALL of the markers, crayons, pens, pencils are all locked in my bedroom. I left her alone for less then 5 minutes while the apartment people were here to fix a couple things and I had to show them what was wrong with the things. THANKS LADIES! Wish ther was a way to save the bedding.....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• There's some stuff called Goof-Off. A friend of mine had the same problem and it got all the marks off her couch and carpet. She swears by it and I've heard a lot of other people talk about it too. You may be able to find it at Wal-mart or similar stores. Here's the website just in case you can't find it some where...  

http://goof-off.com/

Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 2:45 PM on May. 5, 2010

• it would be the alcohol in the sanitizer that would work, did you try it? for the carpet, i guess you could try nail polish remover too. did you email the manufacturer of the permanent marker? you may just want to repaint the walls before your move. when we lived in an apartment, they would give us the paint they use for the walls if we just brought a container to put it in.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:39 PM on May. 5, 2010

• If the carpet is a light color, use hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip and go strand by strand. It's a PITA. For anything hard (including walls) use straight rubbing alcohol.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:17 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Try saturating it with areosol hair spray. Blot the ink up.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 3:00 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I have gotten permanent marker off with dry erase board cleaner (the liquid with a pump spray you use on a dry erase board)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:14 PM on May. 6, 2010