how is selling thongs to pre-teens any where near appropriate?

Check this out:
http://blog.pigtailpals.com/2010/05/g-strings-for-preteens/

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 1:10 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• well your mind doesnt always have to be in the gutter. thongs arent always just to look sexy for a boy. i wear thongs sometimes so that i dont have panty lines. does your 12 yr old really have to walk around with panty lines just because you think thongs are trashy?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:15 PM on May. 5, 2010

• a 12 year old shouldn't care if her panty line is showing omg what about a 4 year old do they need to wear them too
    Anonymous

• really? i used to buy thongs when I was a pre-teen .. it wasn't about looking sexy, they were comfortable for me...
    i think people look way too much into things which is why if you raise your voice at your child in public, someone wants to call CPS on you - ridiculous.
    IT'S JUST UNDERWEAR. it's not like they are walking around naked.
    Anonymous

• Really? You do know that they were originally marketed as no-show panties rather than for a sexual undertone...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I go both ways on this but first i would ask my child why do you wanna wear this and if i feel her reason is sufficient I would allow it.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 1:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I used to wear thongs as a preteen too and my sister buys them for gymnastics as well. If she is on her period, she wears one under he leo just in case. When I bought them it was because I had a pair of white pants that my underwear was very noticable through. If I wore a white thong, you couldn't see it at all. I don't see what the big deal is.
    Anonymous

• Look at how they are marketed, though. It isn't so much the purpose one buysthem for but how they are marketed.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i really dont care about what they were originally intended for....my DD will not wear them until I feel its okay. I dont even like the little bikini ones that barely cover their butt. And you can tell when that there are NO panties when you wear white pants...

and i did gymnastics and never had to or needed to wear a thong.
    Anonymous

• oh my goodness! are you really trying to equate a 12 year old to a 4 year old?

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 4:34 PM on May. 5, 2010

• most 12 year olds are, or even have already, developed and in some instances 12-16 year old guys may be chekcing them out. how fair is it to your girls to say tough, you shouldn't care if your panty line is showing! grow up!

Anonymous