Should a PARENT MASTURBATE with a child in the next room?? PLEASE READ and advice!

My brother (28) is currently staying with our mom while he looks for a job/place for him and his 3 yr old son. My step dad walked in the house and found my nephew under the kitchen table (maybe hiding!?) and then walked in the office room where my brother was looking at porn masturbating...

My step day told him it was NOT ok and ESPECIALLY with his SON next door (btw the door was NOT locked)

What do you guys think... i think it was a bad call (for sure) but my mom called me and wanted to know if I thought they should really kick him out b/c of this...!?!?!

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't kick him out over it, but he shouldn't be doing that during the day and leaving the child unsupervised. He needs to wait until the child is asleep for the night.
    Anonymous

• ew.
    how embarressing to be caught like that. His son probably opened the door and seen him doing it, he didn't know what they heck was going on so he ran and hid under the table.
    Yes, I have done it in the next room, MY BEDROOM..and the kids are sleeping and my door is shut.
    I don't know if i'd kick him out over it, I don't even know if i'd ever talk to him about it again.
    Hopefully he's too embarressed from being caught to ever do it in an unlocked room again!
    Could have been worse..he could have got caught screwing a woman in there,lol.
    Anonymous

• I think that is wrong. I can see it being okay if the child is alseep for a nap or asleep for the night but seriously?! He had to masturbate so bad that he just left his son unsupervised so he could go do it? That's messed up.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• he could of atleast locked the door. Maybe he is an adict though and doesnt think of others
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• If the door had been locked, no problem. If not, I don't think it was appropriate.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• OP here: i think it was sort of the last straw for my step dad... he feels like my brother is just kinda hanging out taking his sweet time looking of a job......... only gets his son every other MONTH and this being his month at LEAST like you girls said wait until he is sleeping.... i hope the little boy didn't see anything and HOPE that they can resolve it w/o kicking him out (although my step dad is pretty strict about crap like that, lol
    Anonymous

• If a kid is asleep, fine. I can't see the need myself if my kids are up and playing in the next room. It sounds like he has a problem and its not as simple as feeling the need.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• That poor little boy! I think that they should kick out your brother and MAKE him find a job! They should also take custody of that poor little boy. What is his future with deadbeat father like that? If he is with your Mom he will have a sense of home and nurturing. If he stays with his "father" he will end up probably worse than him. Sorry to be so blunt but HELP that poor child NOW!!!!! This is BEYOND the issue you asked about By the way.

Anonymous

• Your brother is pathetic.
    Anonymous

• i KNOW it was a bad call- but i do not think he is an unfit parent....... HAVE YOU MOMS ever had sex during the day?!?!?!?
    Anonymous