cirriculum mapping???

next year my dd will be in middle school.they said they were putting them in groups by cirriculum mapping..she has an iep... after the meeting this morning this didnt sound to good for my dd. any teachers or anyone that has heard of this>>>

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 1:29 PM on May. 5, 2010 in

• Do you mean curriculum mapping? If so, curriculum mapping is a tool for teachers to help them organize the year. What you do is define the end goal for the year, then map out what steps are needed to get the students there. Typically, on a curriculum map you will find info regarding standards-based essential skills & concepts, the methods of assessment that the teacher & students will be working on, and the major content resources. The map can be further refined to include specifics regarding a unit's theme & essential questions, specific teaching resources for the unit and what teaching strategies will be employed for the unit.

I'm not sure what you mean by "putting them in groups" based on the curriculum mapping, unless your DD's school does tracking? (this is illegal in my state) Tracking is putting kids of the same ability levels into one class instead of mixing them in the general population.
    Anonymous

• The PP is correct. Curriculum mapping is basically a plan for what skills will taught and when. I don't understand how they would use the maps to put kids in groups. Maybe you should call the school and get clarification.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 7:41 PM on May. 5, 2010