Can anyone show me prof that illegals get housing, food stamps, madicaid...etc?

And i really don't want to hear that you know a guy, or a friend of a friend...bla, bla, bla...

Some illegals would not dare apply for such a thing in fear of getting deported.

Anyone care to fill me in?

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 1:42 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• you do know i was just being a smart ass when i said that to the anon, right?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:45 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Sorry I do not have that type of security clearance.

Answer by louise2 at 1:45 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I'm really curious if anyone can give me evidence of this. I'm trying to find out, i don't want to be ignorant to the issue.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• All I know is when I received foodstamps, I was in college and worked work study. I was asked to show proof of legal status among many other things.
    Anonymous

• Well if you don't want to hear that we know of a person - then what kind of 'proof' would you like?

My mother used to work in the accounting dept of an agrig. company. They had housing on property for their workers. The workers would willingly live 3 or 4 families to a house; telling the co they were 'family'; there was a small deduction each week for "room" fees as these were seasonal migrant workers they wanted there to be somewhere for them to stay.

While this was going on; the wives would submit paperwork using one of their multiple last names for WIC or medicaid; because in our state; all you have to prove is you have kids to get these things. The kids SSN's are all they have to provide in terms of 'who are we'

But I know that's not 'proof'...
    Anonymous

• Don't you think if someone could prove it, it would be obvious to the State and they would stop it.
    Anonymous

• And what would be proof in your book?
    Anonymous

• There is a conflict between Federal and State law regarding the eligibility of undocumented students for in-state tuition rates.

Federal law passed in 1996 prohibits illegal aliens from receiving in-state tuition rates at public institutions of higher education. Specifically, Section 505 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (Title 8, Chapter 14, Sec. 1623(a)) states: "an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State (or a political subdivision) for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit (in no less an amount, duration, and scope) without regard to whether the citizen or national is such a resident."

Anonymous

• Several states -- Texas, California, New York, Utah, Illinois, Washington, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Kansas -- have passed state laws providing in-state tuition benefits to illegal aliens who have attended high school in the state for three or more years. Similar legislation is pending in Florida, Hawaii, Maryland (legislation passed, but awaiting governor's signature), Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. (Connecticut and Wisconsin also passed such a law, but their governors vetoed it.) The Nevada system of higher education does not consider immigration status for in-state tuition, but does require it for a state-sponsored scholarship. Also, some schools in Georgia provide in-state tuition benefits to illegal aliens. The Texas law also allows illegal aliens to receive state student financial aid.
    Anonymous

• My best friends boyfriend lol.He lived with his mother and they packed like 10 people in a 2 bedroom and never paid a dime lol
    Anonymous