I don't know if my water broke?

This morning, about 6am. I got up, & felt something trickle out. I ran to the bathroom, just to see if my water broke or not. My panties were a little wet (there were two spots.. sorry) & there was some of my mucus plug on my panties with it. (I lost my mucus plug Tuesday morning.) I smelled it.. it didn't smell like urine. & It was clear too. & I also, didn't have any contractions after. Then I tried the pad thing, but that didn't work. So now, I'm concerned. Does it always come out in a gush or does it come out in a trickle? Or could I just be having a leak from the amniotic sac? I've also been having some cramping, in my lower abdomen & some pelvic pain. I don't know if that goes along with it or not? I'm trying to stay calm, but now I just don't know what to think. Please, some help.. would be greatly appreciated. ANY advice, PLEASE! Thanks.

NewMommyErica90

Asked by NewMommyErica90 at 1:46 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can come out both ways and when you smell it, it will have a sweet odor. You probably just had an accident.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• unless you are less than 37 weeks, i wouldn't do a thing. if you are less than 37 weeks, i would call the midwife/dr to ask about it.

http://doulamomma.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/when-your-water-breaks-before-labor-begins/
    Anonymous

• It had a sweet/bleachy odor to it. I know this is gross (probably), but I had my mom smell it too. She agreed with me. It didn't smell anything like urine. Sorta sweet.. with a tinge of a bleach smell. I don't know if that's it either? & I'm 39 weeks & 2 days pregnant now.
    NewMommyErica90

Answer by NewMommyErica90 at 1:56 PM on May. 5, 2010

• It could just be normal discharge. It does not sound to me like your membranes are leaking. I would just wait and see what happens. Within a few hours, you will either be in labor or you'll know it wasn't really your water. Hang there. Find an activity to do to keep your mind of the waiting game.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:59 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I had blood when I started to go into labor.....my water didn't break. I would def. call your doctor and see if you can get checked out. Good Luck to you! :)
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 2:11 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I had trickling for three days with my 2nd baby and didnt even relize it was my water had broke. Just go to the hospital. Tjey will do a simple swab test to check. U dont want to wait incase it has broke cause the risk of infection goes up.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:33 PM on May. 5, 2010