Can you really meet a good guy at a bar?

I met a guy at a bar the other night and he seemed really nice(and he was gorgeous), but once it seemed like he was going to ask for my number I hurried out with my friend. Now I'm kind of wondering why? I know I've never trusted good looking men first off and the other thing is that I met him at a nightclub, like how I met my ex-h, who was a nightmare. I see what the problem is now, but am curious has anyone met their spouse or SO at a bar?

Also want some insight on this whole not trusting good looking guys, because obviously the not so good looking ones can't be trusted either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I met my DH in a bar. 21 years later we are still married.

Answer by louise2 at 1:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I don't think so. Most people in bars (men or women) are not there to find a lifetime commitment, a night of fun, yeah. Someone to take home to Mom, no.
    Anonymous

• i met my SO at the bar.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:06 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I met my DH at a bar on a blind date. We'll be married 22 years in July!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 2:16 PM on May. 5, 2010

• you could randomly meet the love of your life anywhere. you have to be open to that. i met dh at a gas station of all places! it was so random, but we both swore we had met before, turns out that he used to come into the bagel shop where i worked. so i think if he was THE ONE you will run into him somewhere else. i dont think if something is MEANT to be that opportunity only presents itself once. that is hopeless! about good looking guys--- i agree completely! i want to the Pretty one! they say a man is only as trustworthy as his opportunities present (when talking about Tiger woods and those characters in the media) now you cannot just assume because some guy isnt hot that he is trustworthy but i certainly think you are right to know to be more leary of the hot ones.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:22 PM on May. 5, 2010

• it CAN happen but yes most people who try and hook up in bars aren't looking for a life commitment.....

But that's not to say that every man who has ever stepped foot in a bar is a douche bag either. It's just really hard to tell the difference off the back.
    Anonymous

• I met SO at a bar and the end of this month will be 3 years! Our son just turned 2 *tee hee hee*
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:46 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i met my SO at a bar, we've been friends for 4 years, together for 2
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 3:35 PM on May. 5, 2010

• My friend met her husband at a bar. It can happen. You're there in the bar and you're normal, right?!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:40 PM on May. 5, 2010