No symptoms and running a 104.5

My Daughter is 15 mos old. She has ran a 101 all night and after motrin and tylenol it is steadily climbing and now it is at 104.5! She doesn't have any symptoms ( no runny nose, no earache, no coughing). The stupid doc cant get her in until 3:15. Any suggestions on what could be wrong??? I have given her a cold bottle, and a cold bath trying to get it down.
Thank you,
Worried sick mother

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 1:55 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not being rude, but really, get off the computer and take her to the ER NOW! 104.5 is NOT something to mess with.
    Anonymous

• A lot of times with a urinary tract infection a child will run a high fever with no other symptoms. The only thing you can do is wait and take her to her dr.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• or as anon said you could take her into the ER but most likely it will take them at least an hour to see her. By then she would have already seen her pediatrician.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:58 PM on May. 5, 2010

• The body will naturally shut down the rise of the fever once it hits a certain point. It will not cause brain damage and if she was going to have a seizure, it would have happened at 99 or 100. How long has it been since the meds? You can alternated them every 3 hours. Keep calm and when all else fails, take her to the er. Is she acting ok? if so, justkeep her calm.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:59 PM on May. 5, 2010

• she is very clingy and sleepy. im rotating every 4 hrs. the er said it is a 2 hr wait. she had some at 1230. (40min ago) i just took it again and it is still 104.5 (anal). 105.9 under arm. she is drinking and peeiing fine. sorry i m typing with one hand
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 2:05 PM on May. 5, 2010

• She is probably clingy because she doesn't feel good and sleepy because she didn't sleep well. You can safely go to every 3 hours. As long as she is peeing once every 6 hours she isn't dehydrated but push gatorade or pedilyte if you have it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:08 PM on May. 5, 2010

• it could be an ear infection or a urinry tract infection or meningitis. but either way i think you should take her to the E.R. immediately !!! a temperature of 104 is risky my son and daughter had a seizure at 103.7 you should just get her to the E.R. a.s.a.p
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 2:09 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i dont agree with the [Jademom07] some kids get a febrile seizure at a higher temp. fever like my kids . the good thing for me is they told me theyll outgrow it aby age 5
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 2:12 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Take her to the emergency! They won't make you wait 2 hours if you tell them her temp 105.9!!???!! I would put ice in a few wash cloths and put them under her arms, on her forehead, etc. I knew someone who ended up brain damaged and in a wheel chair because of a high fever.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:25 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Well anal is the most accurate temp and that is what the ER here told me they would go by. Seriously I don't want you to think I am neglecting my daughter...I am doing everything trying to bring it down.
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 2:29 PM on May. 5, 2010