Do I make a contract for my husband to help out or just walk out?

Depression is killing my family and i need to do something different its not OK to feel the way I do! please help!

spazberry

Asked by spazberry at 2:11 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Health

• you could try to talk to him and explain it really clear how you feel and let him know you want changes..and what they are and see if it works
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 2:14 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i'm sick of telling him. it needs to be a do it or i'm gone thing.
    spazberry

Answer by spazberry at 2:16 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Try marriage counseling before you just walk out...I'm not judging you or being rude, I just know that sometimes depression can make us take things to the extreme and not think on a level headed, grounded way. Just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• give him an ultimatem[hope i spelled it right lol] and if he still not willing to give him the boot because your immotional state is more important than to be depressed all the time
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 2:30 PM on May. 5, 2010

• OK has any one gone to counseling? dose it work? has not worked for me in my 26 years of life! been going to them since i was 5. i have told him over and over i need his help and still he just sleeps. i have tried just about all I can.. would a contract work?? a legal contract..binding and all!
    spazberry

Answer by spazberry at 3:25 PM on May. 5, 2010

• you get out of counselling what you put into it. Too often people go to a session, failure bound. Sometimes people are afraid to open up  or they may feel it's no one elses business and unless your Anthony Soprano, you really have nothing to worry about. A good therapist is trained to guide you into confessing the problem with nothing held back. The next step, is more complicated because once you've shared the truth, the guilt sometimes points back at ourselves and it is then that you have to be committed making a change for the better. Paths for healing can be suggested, but on a case by case basis it still depends on the amount of committment

GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 8:04 AM on May. 6, 2010