Can you stop wasting our services?

I'm sorry but I have to say that Medicaid recipients abuse the system. I got a call from a friend who said that she couldn't come over because this lady who happens to be her neighbor had to go to the hospital to give birth. My friend says that this lady call 911 and had the ambulance pick her up. This lady's husband was there too. My friend says that she is completely sure that they staged this so they didn't have to pay for the taxi. Now my friend is taking care of the other children as a favor.
What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I loathe misuse of the EMS. These services are for emergencies only, not a free ride and front door service to the nearest facility. Unless your baby is crowning, delivery does not constitute an emergency requiring an ambulance ride to the hospital. Every Time someone ties up the system with a bogus call (in CA you can not refuse them a ride), the possibility increases that someone with a true emergency will die waiting. I have a brother who is a FF in a large city in CA, he says they routinely get calls to transport people with sore throats and rashes...most of the time frequent flyers (repeat offenders).

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:31 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

• I think you're making a sweeping generalization here, and for that, you are wrong. Yes, there are some that abuse the system. I don't disagree with you there. There are some, in any group, with any service, any topic that you can think of, that abuse and take advantage of it. And by the same token, there are those who use it correctly. Without knowing these people, I can't say whether this was staged or not. Perhaps there was something more there that your friend doesn't know about that required this woman to be transported by ambulance. Or maybe they are taking advantage of the system. But you can't say that all medicaid recipients abuse it just b/c some do.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Did you ever stop and think that maybe they actually DIDN'T have the money to pay for a taxi????
    Anonymous

• They might not have had the money to pay for the taxi....
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 2:28 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Are you or your friend privy to the personal details of her pregnancy? probably not. This could be from the direction of her doctor. I know that my mother had me in the ambulance because she had a short labor (35 minutes) and if she hadn't been in it, I would have died from the cord being around my neck.

Before you go judging someone, make sure that you know all the details.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:29 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I think you and your friend are gossip, nosey, busy bodies who need to stop judging people and get a freakin life!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• oh, this makes me just want to quit my job and go get food steps and medicaid.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:30 PM on May. 5, 2010

• stamps..haha
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:31 PM on May. 5, 2010

• How sad to trust your neighbor to watch your children while in labor and one of the most happiest times in a women's life, only to have her neighbor talking crap about her.

Maybe she was a high risk and needed to get there asap and have paramedics on hand.
    Anonymous