peeing during labor?

So for you women who were not hooked up to a cathedar to pee i was wondering what happened when you did have to pee? this question is for epidural and non epidural labors.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was able to get up and go to the bathroom with both pregnancies my 1st prenancy was labor with the epidural anmy 2nd pregnancy was without epidural and i was still able to get up and go pee..
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 2:35 PM on May. 5, 2010

• During active labor peeing is the last thing on my mind LOL.. I had an epi with my last two and no cath. Once the epi wore off, I just walked with help to the bathroom.. As long as the epi is in and medication is still going thru it, you will not feel the need to pee. The staff may do a in and out cath if you have an epi and alot of fluids going to relieve you.. They asked me but I declined. Once I did pee, man I was there for a long time LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• naralie curious how you walked with an epi as it numbs you from your waist down...I couldn't even feel my legs to walk with mine. Without an epidural I had to call a nurse to help me due to the iv and the cords to monitor the baby. With epidurals I had a cath because they didn't want me to fall even w/ a nurses help I could have and the liability is worse for them and you don't want ot risk it.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 2:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• naralie did you feel the sensation of having to pee with the epidural?
    Anonymous

• I walked to and from the bathroom until they gave me an epi, then I got a cath at the same time.

Answer by missanc at 2:41 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i had to pee so badly before i was admitted, and during the admitance..lol, but the doc came in and broke my water so quickly after that, that i didn't have time to pee....so i know i did at some point during delivery..and honestly, my tummy felt so heavy after that that i couldn't even turn to my side. lol, oh, and i didn't have an epi..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:43 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i peed on the toilet. i didn't have pain meds though
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:52 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I got up and went to the bathroom for as long as I could. With my 3rd child I hit a point where I announced I just couldn't keep running to the bathroom anymore. They put water proof pads under me and told me to just go if I needed to.

I had no epidural.
    Anonymous