#2 during labor

Ok, this might sound silly but I'm so curious about everything concerning labor being that this is my first baby. Is it possible to poop during labor?? I can't imagine that from all that pushing that you wouldn't poop. It seems logical...anyone want to comment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• most women do poop during labor
    Anonymous

• It almost always happens. I did. They just take it away. Believe me, they are used to seeing it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:50 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i guess you mean during birth. lol. i went at the beginning of labor, and i don't know about during birth because i didn't look and i never asked my midwife :) but it's pretty common.
    Anonymous

• Yep, it is commom... I had 3 vaginal births and have no clue if I did or not.. Hubby was down there the whole time and 18 years later has never said. The staff never said anything either.. So I have no clue LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:53 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I've heard it happens. When I went into labor with my 3 vaginal births I started throwing up/having diarrhea - sorry TMI - but my body pretty much cleaned itself out so there wasn't anything left.

Answer by missanc at 2:54 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I went durring the labor but when i was giving birth my doctor let me look with a mirror and with both kiddos i didnt poop during birth but when i was in labor i was able to go to the restroom. but i heard a lot of pple do and its normal for the drs. to see
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 2:54 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I did a bit with all three.

the nurses just wipe you down, they wipe you down pretty much the whole time uyou're in labour - once that water breaks and things start going its not a very ..... "clean" event.

I remember with #1 and seeing the giant rack of towels and sheets and bedding and cloths - thought to myself wow they must not have enough storage - but by the time I had delivered baby, that rack was empty.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:59 PM on May. 5, 2010

• It happens. Totally normal. When the time comes, that will be the LAST thing on your mind. Don't worry about it. The doctors and nurses won't think less of you. They have seen it all before.
    Anonymous

• It's very common. The doctors and nurses are used to it and don't say anything about it, just clean it up and it's like it never happened. Besides which, at the time, you're really not worried about what's going on down there except for getting that baby out, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:07 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Yes it can happen. by the way they say that if you poop your pushing good. i didnt poop but the doctor said to push like i wanted to poop
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:43 PM on May. 5, 2010