If Adam and Eve couldnt eat it then who or what was it made for?

The Tree of Knolwedge.
First let me say that knowledge is neither good nor evil.

Anyway, so the Tree had some good fuit and Adam and Eve couldn't eat it. But the serpent obviously did, right? I mean how else could he (appear to) be omniscient?

This garden was made long before the two prototype, and yet a forbidden fruit...

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 2:51 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ahhh mans great test I guess.. We failed.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:54 PM on May. 5, 2010

• It was made for temptation. And the perserverence of will power of man kind. We failed.Thus we are all sinners.
    Anonymous

• the symbol of free will. I very much believe in God, free will and Jesus but not going to take the bible word for direct dictionary word.
    Anonymous

• The tree was placed there to see if the couple would do as God said. They did not do as God said.

Answer by louise2 at 2:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I've wondered this too. If it wasn't meant for them, then WHO was it meant for? Why was it there in the first place if no one could eat the fruit? Why tease them with it and then not let them have it? It makes more sense if you step away from the Christian interpretation and look at the whole story as a story of the writers putting the old religion into a bad light, and writing an allegory whereby the serpent (symbol of the Divine Feminine) is cast into a negative role, and Eve (woman) makes the "mistake" of following Her and then, of course, eats the forbidden fruit and ends up dragging Adam down the road to sexual awareness (you have to study up on how the old religion viewed sexuality in order to understand why the persons who wrote this story would think that was bad considering what they wanted to accomplish).

Anonymous

• it was for temptation but remember Adam and Eve didn't really exist. It was more of a metaphorical story to show that if you throw away what God gives you then you will be unhappy.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:09 PM on May. 5, 2010

• He knew they would eat it so he put it there...otherwise we couldn't be punished forever for it...
    Anonymous

• interesting answers but most are not correct... :-)

It was made for them but not for that time. Ever made cookies and told them not to touch.... because it was not time to have them?
    God had a plan but disobedience happened just like you had a plan but the child took the cookie they werent supposed to have so it spoiled the plan of you choosing when the right time was to give them that cookie same as when God's perfect timing to introduce them to the fruit of Knowledge of good and evil and yes there is bad and good knowledge.. some things we were supposed to never have enter into our lives and the devil knew that and used it for his benefit...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:34 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I was taught that it was put there as a test. Basically, God put it there and told them to not partake to see if they would be obedient.

Personally, dont think the tree is really all that important it was whether they obeyed Gods word that was.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:35 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Obviously, it wasn't made for anyone on EARTH. And that's why the act of placing it there was so vindictive. He THOUGHT the mankind he had made was good, but he wasn't omniscient enough to know for sure so he took the trees of knowlege and eternal life OUT of heaven and put them on earth where their only purpose was to test and torment his creations. When my kids were younger and I didn't want them eating the cookies I had made for the school carnival or for someone's birthday or whatever, I would tell them and then put the cookies out of reach. To leave anything within reach of a child--who doesn't KNOW the difference between good and evil, by the way--is to encourage disobedience.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:37 PM on May. 5, 2010