When do you think he'll start walking?

My son with be 11 mths on the 18th and for about 3-4 wks now he has been using things like his toy box and the couch to pull himself up and then letting go and just standing there. And I hold his hands and walk him around the house all the time and he does GREAT. But I was just wondering how old were your kids when they started doing this and how soon after did they start walking, and also how soon after they take their fisrt steps does it take them to be steady walkers?

momluvsmiles

Asked by momluvsmiles at 3:21 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter started full walking at 9 1/2 months and my son at 10 1/2 months. I suggest holding a wash cloth or something similar and then having him hold the other end. Walk him around using the cloth and then let go and he may just keep walking not realizing you are not holding on. I think many kids have a little fear at first. Just an idea. Sounds like he will be walking soon!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 3:32 PM on May. 5, 2010

• My daughter started cruising the furniture at 9 months but started walking at 13 months.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 3:24 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Cruising a 9 months. Full walking at 14 months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:25 PM on May. 5, 2010