So irritating

We pay almost 300 a month to be covered at 100% in everything. Well I jsut found out today that my maternity benifits will be covered at 100%. Yeah right we have to pay 900 for both baby and I and if the baby stays long its 150 a say. Then the lady said your benefits are awesome you have one of the best plans. Ugh up yours that is way to much out of pocket. What would you do if your co-pay is so high ( no ductable ) atleast that is what we don't have. I don't know what were going to do that is alot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not following...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:58 PM on May. 5, 2010

• We pay 300 a month for our insurance plan for our family. When I have the baby we will have to pay 900 for me and the baby to stay in the hospital. If the baby stays longer its 150 a day. ( I am going off of my previous pregnancy and labor and my children were in the hospital for an extra week.) What would you do if you didn't have the money for that?
    Anonymous

• make a payment plan with the hospital. My prenatal care was covered 100% and I still had out of pocket expenses for our hospital stay
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:06 PM on May. 5, 2010

• there may be a financial advisor at the hospital as well. they may have more help for you.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:13 PM on May. 5, 2010

• After the insurance picked up the tab, I pay 53 a week for DD and I and for the delivery and her stay in NICU (8 days) it was 7000 out of my pocket.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:14 PM on May. 5, 2010

• $900 is actually really cheap for you and your baby to stay in the hospital. Our insurance covers 90% and after a 2 day stay, epidural, and delivery we are paying over $4,000.00
    Anonymous

• And that is if our baby is completely healthy and doesn't need anything extra or a stay in the NICU.
    Anonymous