To those Moms that have "let themselves go"...

Have you realized that you have let yourself go and are you trying to do something about?

I ask because I have let myself go, being pregnant 4 times between 39 and 43 has done a number on my bod and I am using that as an excuse!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i am not as cautious as i used to be when i had child number 1. i used to worry about food calories and fat and after 4 kids i still try to get my body in shape.

sometimes i have days i dont mind gaining 10 pounds and sometimes i call myself a big ol fatty when im fustrated. its something ive been dealing with for years
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:03 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i haven't let myself go, per-sey i'm just at home all the time ^ see no point in dressing nice or fixing up, yes i have gained weight after having 2 children & i'm working on it for me, noone else but as long as my dh still loves me that's all i care about
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:05 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Lets see, mine started before I had our son actually. I got on Meds that "helped" me gain 45 lbs.. however, that was 7 years ago and I was off the meds in less than 6 months - I am currently doing something about it and down 10 of the lbs...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:06 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I havent let myself go, I am still the same as always. A few pounds more of course and that is a slow process but one that will and is being worked on.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:08 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Im the opposite .... didn't give a rats patoot before I had kids, but then had kids and I have maintained or actually taken care of myself.

I'm inmuch better shape mentally and physically than ever before.

Anonymous

• Yes I did let myself go, and now Im trying to get me back. I have been working hard to loose weight, just lost 2 lbs this week yay me. I have 10 lbs to go to be back to my pre pregnancy weight. I have started wearing makeup again (although very little, just tinted moistureizer and mascara my husband likes me better with out a lot), but I really need to get my hair cut so I can actually do something with it. It feels good to be finding myself again.
    Anonymous

• Oh I wish I knew who you were! I had two babies back to back at 39 and 40 they are only 13 months apart...I would love to talk to you about your experiences...they are my last two btw...I have 5 kids total
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:36 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I look a mess! I do do my hair, but i just wear jeans and tops to run errands and to go pretty much everywhere. I'm the cover girl for frumpy mom.

Anonymous

• I just had my 3rd baby is less than 3.5 years and was put on modified bedrest for all 3 pregnancies. As a result, I look and feel awful. I joined a gym as soon as I healed from this last c-section and workout 3 times a week. When my oldest starts school this August, I'll start going 5 days a week.

I would love to have time to do my hair and make up daily, but right now it's just too darn hard. I'll start fixing up daily after the baby is sleeping in her own bed all night long and isn't waking at the crack of dawn.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• God, I see moms who have let themselves go all the time. Their kids are so darling and dressed to the nines and they look like schlubs. I do not think it's a good excuse to be gross and not wear make up or brush your hair!
    Anonymous