If youre a stay at home mom that babysits out of your home, how many children do you babysit and about how much do you earn in a week?

I work with 3 families.
They are all on an on call basis.(which is sometimes a pain in the butt)
I watch 6 children...but they are all differnt days and 2 of them are 2nd shift.
On an average "good" week...I make about $300.00
And I usually have a day or two each week (M-F is the only days I babysit) that I don't even have any kids here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I used to do it. I only had one little girl I looked after and I charged $20 a day. There are rules about how many kids you can have. Here it's a total of 4 kids including your own, so if you have 2 kids you can only have 2 more kids that you babysit. If I were doing it now I'd probably charge $25 - $30 a day depending on how long the days were.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:45 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i only keep one little boy 5 days a week $75 a week
    Anonymous

• Yeah, there is a rule about how many kids you can have here too. The limit is 6 at one time. I have it all figured out. I have the 2 that are 2nd shift, so they are not here when the others are. It works out.
    Anonymous

• it depends on their county and payment source.
    Anonymous