Do you think things like "Tinkerbell" go against what you teach your children as far as faith and the spirit of God goes?

I personaly don't. I know that fairies, lepracans, etc. are all Irish folk tales or folk lores. However you prefer.

But my mom made a comment about it the other day when the fairies were bringing in spring and she said, "Only God makes spring." I'm like, what the hell? It's just a kid's movie.

Anyway, what do yo think?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:13 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i don't look too much into things, i see it as a cute cartoon, nothing else
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:14 PM on May. 5, 2010

• umm its the world of Magic and imagination!

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:15 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i see it as a cute cartoon and nothing wrong with inspiring kid's imaginations. if we didnt have fantasy the world would be so boring for kids and adults alike.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:16 PM on May. 5, 2010

• For all she knows the fairies are working for God... Besides it's a movie for children nothing more nothing less.
    Anonymous

• I believe in God and my faith is strong. I was raised going to church. I also loved watching all Disney movies when I was a kid (and still do hehe). I was always made aware of what is imaginary and make believe and what is not. I never confused the two.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:18 PM on May. 5, 2010

• its a kid movie..I don't think children are watching it to contradict everything...they don't really care
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:21 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I agree with PP, it's about magic and imagination.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 4:32 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I am not so weak as to have my religious beliefs undermined by a book, or music, or a character, or a horoscope...these are just fun things in life.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:34 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Mickey Mouse is the Debil!!!
    sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 5:21 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I'm going with you on this, "WTH it's a kids' movie." Yes, God makes spring, but Walt Disney makes fun movies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:33 PM on May. 5, 2010