what is a medical transcriptionist?

has any one done or is still doing medical transcriptionist? i'd like to know what it's about and what i have to do to do it? this is something i'd like to do. has any one had any success storys doing it?

Tigeress444

Asked by Tigeress444 at 4:20 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I trained to do it but never got a job doing it. You listen to doctor's dictated notes & type them out for case files. Maybe they do it differently now but that's what I trained in. I had to take medical terminology as well as typing & the transcription course.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:24 PM on May. 5, 2010

• it was part of the training i had to go through to be a medical assistant. what you do is get the tapes that the doctors record and then type it up to put in the chart
    Anonymous

• go to the Career Step group on cafemom, most the moms there have done it and if were honor roll got a jobbefore graduatioin, you can also get more infomration on my site click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:33 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Don't you need to know how to spell?
    Anonymous