How big was your baby's first birthday party?

Would you have changed anything?

My girl's first b-day is growing in attendees by the day (40 as of today) - eeeeek! I would have had a more limited guest list!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Both of mine had family and close friends. 7-8 people besides my husband and me (and big brother, in my daughter's case).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:28 PM on May. 5, 2010

• All of my kids had only immediate family and grandparents for the first birthday party. I thought the intimate gathering was perfect and not too stressful for me or my little ones.
    Anonymous

• ugh I don't even want to think about dd's first bday. My MIL wants to make huge spectacles out of EVERYTHING she does. Baby shower with 40 people I don't know? Yup! Just because they are her friends doesn't mean I have to include them in everything! lol. So I think I'm just going to tell her to butt out and get over it :)
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:27 AM on May. 6, 2010