cough..

my dd has caught a cold (i think) of some sort...whatever it is, i have it too. mine has let up, but dd still has a cough and a runny nose...her cough is what's concerning me...it sounds deep..and the kind that's really annoying (it starts and you can't stop), and like it hurts...i don't know if i should call the doc, since i think it's just allergies, or just ride it out a few more days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If your daughter is older than 1 you can try warm peppermint tea (very soothing and the heat works to loosen the phlegm up) or honey (I've always heard it is a natural cough suppressant. If it is waking her up or keeping her awake you could talk to your doctor. . . my son had a cough that kept him up and he was given a prescription for a cough med. 1 dose and a good night sleep made him much better.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:00 PM on May. 5, 2010