grrr this makes me so frinking P***ed i knew this would happen

more of a vent..
well i been calling the cops, the city officials, almost weekly for the past mnths complaining about the speeders on my street.the posted speed limit is 25mMPH people drive way faster i even posted a blog on myspace and facebook and tagged all of my friends in the FB note that lived in my town i have nearly 60 local friends, in hopes someone would help my plight..
last week we had a kid nearly get hit cause a person was driving to fast. in my neighbor pretty much everyone has elmentery age kids and younger and they always ride their bikes on the street to and from the local park...i bitched and complianed about someone coming down here and enforcing the speed limit and had hopes my blogs would raise awareness of the safty issue at hand...so monday at 430 PM a 5 yr old little girl got hit head on by a SUV...no serious injuries thank god...but i knew this would happen eventually..grr people just make me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• josiesmommy00...you shouldnt go assuming like that...my sis had a road nearby and it is not a busy road but its not like she lets her kids go running up and down the roads intentionally. kids do go out on roads, her's do too and even i played on my road when i was younger. the parents are there but drivers should be watching out. are you saying that everyone on this entire earth should barcade thier children because of speeders whom cant follow road speed limits?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:41 PM on May. 5, 2010

• well i'm not saying it's right to be speeding down any road especially when there are children around BUT where are the parents? who lets their 5 y/o go unattended with all the crazies out there?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:30 PM on May. 5, 2010

• the parents were in the yrd..and ppl go 40 mph plus down this road..its right on the edge of town so i guess people think its ok to speed, but its residential, so speed limit posted 25, and from what i understand the suv came whipping around the corner and didnt see the little girl...if the person would of been obeying the speed limit then chances are the girl wouldnt of gotten hit...
    Anonymous

• like josiesmommy00 said that and if the parents were actually with their child it wouldn't have happened at all something can happen in the blink of an eye as a parent you should be prepared for things like this and be more attentive
    Anonymous

• The parents were in the yard. Where should they have been, on top of her? It doesn't help a child to grow up with parents so terrified of shadows that they can't stand to be more than 3 feet from their mother. The speed limit is posted as 25 mph, people should drive no faster than 25 mph.

Have you tried putting up your own 'Caution - Children at Play' signs? Good luck to you with getting your city to help reduce the risk to the neighborhood.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:43 PM on May. 5, 2010

• no, i said both parties were in the wrong... i never let my child go outside by herself, she doesn't go near the street even if i'm out in the yard with her...there is no reason to play in the road. it's just that you hear about kids getting hit by cars or getting kidnapped & it makes you think "where are the parents?"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:45 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I heard a funny story once about a mom who wrapped a blowdryer in electrical tape and would sit in front of her daughters school holding it out the window of her black car with her aviator shades on because she was so sick of people speeding. You could try that, lol.

You can always get a video camera to catch their plate #s and show it to the cops...
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 4:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• We have the same problem. When we first moved into this house a policeman was going through the neighborhood asking if we had complaints because the park behind our house, right in the middle of the neighborhood was suddenly taken over by adults playing soccer and clogging up the streets by parking on them instead of the parking lots. DH said the only complaint we had was that cars speed up and down the street. There is an elementary school on the next block where many kid walk to school. The officer actually told him nothing could be done. I couldn't believe it. Someone must have complained enough finally because for about a week a police car was parked two houses down and that helped people drive slow. As soon as they left though it has been speeding again. And yes, parents should watch their kids but really that does not excuse speeding down a street ignoring a posted limit sign. No one should speed on a residential street.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• especially when there are children around BUT where are the parents?

At least two kids were killed at the bus stop here this year (in Georgia) People were speeding around the stopped buses. The parents were in arms length of the kids but were not fast enough to beat the speeding cars.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 4:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• ok but it just seemed like you were referring to what Ginger was saying. "on top of the kids". i sit outside with my kids too but sometimes kids do stuff that arent the smartest move at all like catching a ball that rolled onto a street, greeting a neighbor across the street without thinking they should get thier parents and all.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:52 PM on May. 5, 2010