What do you think of putting a 3 year old in Cheer Classes?

Do you think it's more for the child or for the parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I put my kids in gymnastics and my 4 year old in t-ball so they would have a chance to socialize with other children. If its something she is enjoying then you should do it. If she hates it you shouldn't force her to go.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 4:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I think it's great. My children have been in various sports, gymnastics, art, etc classes from the age of 1 on. Things like that are good for social skills, gross motor skills, fine motor skills, etc. If the child doesn't like it, then they don't need to go, but they won't know if they like it until they try it.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• How is it for the parent at all?

I wouldn't spend the time, money and energy on an activity for my child if they weren't interested.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:49 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I put my DD in a cheer class at the Little Gym. It's very loose, but they do work on stunts. Mostly foot placement and stuff, but it's cute. They have a fun time dancing around like most little girls like to do. They do some tumbling and gymnastics too and at the end of the semester they have a 'show' for the parents. It's cute, but I wouldn't expect much. I think it's mostly for socialization skills and listening and following directions. DD was so shy the first show they had that she literally hid behind her pom poms the entire time they did the cheer stuff. It was really cute.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:39 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I think it's good for kids to be in some organized physical activity. I say go for it and if Mom likes it to that's great!
    Anonymous