Is there such thing as "Welfare Sorority"?

This is just a plead for the moms who receive some kind of government service to understand moms who don't.

Getting government services doesn't make you a better person.
We had our days were there is no food in our plates and we have managed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it helps but it does not make you better. it was a blessing after my son was diagnosed with cancer and after I worked my way off and lost everything and had to go back on. I lost the house was leasing to buy and my job. Welfare is not a sorority or a place of pride. but it sure builds character and strength.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:23 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Getting government services doesn't make you a better person.

HUH?!

What the heck are you ranting about??
    Anonymous

• Do you feel inferior to those that receive PA?? Because the PA system CERTAINY does not make you feel SUPERIOR!! I know... I have been through it! It was the most HUMILATING experience of my whole life!

Anonymous

• PA is the worst thing that can happen to a family. It means that you can't support your family with your job.
    Anonymous

• It does make you a better person because once you step in one of the Govt offices you swear to never have to come back again.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, theres a sorority for Welfare. Wanna join? I'm the leader. Best damn group you could ever be in. Its a lifes dream come true.
    We've been without food on our plates too. TImes have been hard.And there have been times that were harder.
    Pregnant with my first child, I was so fixated on the fact that I WOULD NEVER COLLECT FOODSTAMPS>>NO,NOT ME.
    All I ate during that pregnancy was cheese,cans of chili,milk and bread. Sometimes I cried myself to sleep from the guilt of not even being able to feed my unborn child.My husband had left me pregnant and alone with no family, no friends, no money..IN ANOTHER state. I still did not ask for help.
    Years later, child is here about 4 years old.Life is better than what it was...but then I lost my job.There was no way in hell I would make my child cry himself to sleep because there was no food on his plate. I sucked up my pride and finally asked for help.And I got it.
    Anonymous

• If you're at the other side. Be glad that you don't know what getting PA really means.
    Anonymous

• anon :15bow down

Anonymous

• Well I know when my bil finally got a job he started getting paid 15 dollars an hour. And they were mad and upset because goverentment cut off their check to pay water bill and other household bills. I thought that was crazy. Pa is good to help people out. But if ur on it for to long then u forget how to pay ur own billss.
    Anonymous

• Pa is good to help people out. But if ur on it for to long then u forget how to pay ur own billss.

It makes you dependent and unable to care for yourself.
    Anonymous