wedding dress shopping after a baby

I will be giving birth sometime in October. I want to have a wedding that following July/August. How long did it take you ladies to get back in to shape? how long does it take places to size a dress??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Shopping

• Hmm, well every women is extremely different when it comes to losing weight. Even the best dieters can take awhile if it doesn't come naturally to your body. Will your hips remain? Will your boobs shrink down or stay the size they are? If you are breastfeeding how that impact your size? It also depends on how much you gained from your normal weight to pregnancy too. I would casually look for a dress now to know what style you want and where you might be able to find one. But I would try to wait to buy it and then have the seamstress take it down several times in the last months before the wedding.
    How long it takes a store to size a dress depends on the store. I bought consignment and had a seamstress that worked on only a few dresses at a time from her home. Find someone who understands your situation and will be willing to make alot of last minute changes for you if they need to.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:30 PM on May. 5, 2010

• It depends on how much you gain and how hard you work after the baby. If you breastfeed you can usually lose most of the weight within a couple of months if you gained in the normal range - might take longer if you gained a lot. As for getting into shape that can take a while, but you should be able to be in pretty decent shape withinn 6 to 8 months if you work at it. I would think you would have plenty of time to get your dress sized.
    Anonymous