What do your parents let your children get away with?

Today, when I had to work, my son's grandma watched him. When I walked in the door, he had on a long sleeved onsie, swimming trunks, with shoes and sandals...lol. So please share.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 5:33 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom lets my kids have way too many snacks.
    Anonymous

• too many snacks! and not the healthy kind either......ack.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:36 PM on May. 5, 2010

• too much sugar, they feed him in bed, they allow him to stay up past midnight, they wipe his butt (which really irks me cuz he knows how) they buy him toys which he already has here at home but extra so he can keep there....what do they not do?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:44 PM on May. 5, 2010

• It's not my parents that let them get away with stuff. It's my husband. Ha!
    My dad does feed my son off of his plate. My son usually doesn't eat when we do, since we all eat whenever we're hungry. So when the family is over and we're having dinner my son usually has already eaten. I am trying to teach my son (which has been pretty easy) to not beg off of our plates. My dad though doesn't obey the rule himself and lets my son have bites of whatever he wants.

My dad has a hard time letting up control though. He used to feed my son table food before he was on table food. "He needs to learn." Yes, but when he's ready. My dad is used to raising babies .. not so much seeing his babies raise babies. So it's hard for him to let us take control. It's all harmless, just drives me up a wall.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:02 PM on May. 5, 2010

• They let her get away with manipulation, and they give in to whatever she demands. Want to go outside, even though I'm busy? SURE, let me drop everything and go. Want chocolate milk, even though it's almost dinner time? SURE. Don't want to eat what we fixed, even though it's a food that you like? No problem, I'll fix you something else.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:05 PM on May. 5, 2010

• My mom is pretty good about following the rules that we have at our home. When she goes to another grandma's house (she is really just a close friend who happens to be a pediatrician) she gets away with murder. It takes me a week to get her back on track, but she loves it there and it is really good for her to go play and do awful things for a weekend every 3 or 4 months.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:58 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Everything!
    Janneth

Answer by Janneth at 7:08 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I raised my kids, now I get to have fun as the grandmother. You have to worry about manners and meals. I feed them well balanced meals at my house. Marshmallows and oreos unless the want M&M's of course. I can buy all the toys I want. It's my money and they are my grandkids. We have every right to do as we please. Consider the alternative...no grandparents at all. I had no grandparents, so if I want to let them stay up late and read a book or play trains that's my business. I want them to have happy memories of Mimi.
    Anonymous

• LOL, mine will give them sodas and alot of candy. If they're being punished and not suppose to be watching tv, guess what she lets them. I don't like it, but I'm going to be the same way when I become a grandma. Isn't that what grandma's are about.
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 10:33 AM on May. 6, 2010