I am an American and I would rather have immigrants living here than racists. (repost)

DUH! but thats just me

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 5:34 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The people who are for this law are for racial profiling. There are already ample provisions in current law for arresting and deporting illegal immigrants. The only reason to have this law is so law enforcement officials can approach people at random to check their immigration status. Who are they going to approach? How are they going to decide who might be illegal?

If you're for racial profiling then you are by definition racist. You can't decide to question every hispanic person about their immigration status or every middle eastern person about terrorist activities without making certain judgments about them based purely on race.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:10 PM on May. 5, 2010

• me too hun
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:35 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I LOVE how people ASSume just because someone is for something being done about illegals (not saying AZ does or does NOT have the right idea) means were racist. I am NOT racist but SOMETHING needs to be done about illegal immigration in my eyes. I am married to a guy who is half Hispanic (his mom is Hispanic.. . .have lived in America all her life. .she is FOR the AZ law by the way). I do not hate races. I am not racist. I just think something needs to be done. .if that means making easier to be legal then so be it.
    Anonymous

• It's not racism to enforce laws that say people can immigrate legally. It's not okay to cry racism when you don't like what another person says. But twist it however you want.
    Anonymous

• Anon you can't tell me everyone supporting the bill is NOT a racist. I agree with the OP for the people who ARE racist.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I AM NOT SAYING PEOPLE THAT DONT BELIEVE IN IMMIGRANTS LIVING IN AMERICA ARE RACIST!!!! IM SAYING ID RATHER HAVE AN "ILLEGAL" IMMIGRANT LIVING IN AMERICA THAN SOME RACIST PRICK GEEZ!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:41 PM on May. 5, 2010

mommy16love

• Do you repost everything? It's really annoying.
    Anonymous

• And exactly who gets to determine who is racist and who is not? In an earlier post there was an anon that thinks that if you eat Mexican food on Cinco De Mayo and you are against ILLEGAL immigration that makes you a racist.

Sorry, no. I don't agree with you. I like that you have your opinion and I like that I don't agree with it. I like the different personalities and that we clash on some things and come together on others. I like it all. I also like people obeying the law. Immigrate here, but do it legally.

Anonymous

I reposted this once and thats because my internet was messing up n i didnt think it went through..u know wats really annoying bitches that get annoyed over little things that shudnt annoy ne1 its the internet come on hun how do u manage having kids if you cant even be on the internet without being annoyed hmmm..maybe look into some kind of managing feeling classes or something like that
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:54 PM on May. 5, 2010