Anyone ever wonder why the terrorist have enough ambition to gain legal entry to our country, but others can't seem to follow the same procedures?

I'm not just talking about Hispanics, I'm talking about all illegals.

onthegoturbo

Asked by onthegoturbo at 5:41 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I was thinking about that earlier today while I was watching the news.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:43 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Criminals should always obey the law up until the point where they commit the crime, you're way less likely to get caught that way. You don't want to rob a bank and get away then get pulled over 2 blocks from home because you're not wearing your seat belt. I forget who it was but there was one serial killer who was caught after police pulled him over for a busted tail light and found a body in the trunk. If you want to commit a terrorist act and you're from a country that requires a visa then it makes good sense to get a visa otherwise you risk being deported before you can carry out your mission.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:06 PM on May. 5, 2010

• They have the funds!
    While the poor who are trying to come here from central and south America don't.
    Anonymous

• Anon 6:07 - And that's why they need to reform immigrations laws. I saw a comment on here the other day that suggested maybe using a sliding scale. Depending on what country you come from and how much money you make all would go to figure how much you have to pay to become a legal citizen. I'm all for immigration, if done legally.

It's just a scary thought that it seems that the terrorists have more ambition to follow our laws than people who want to make a better life for themselves and their family. They're not starting off on a good note.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 6:12 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Ok most "terrorists" gain citizenship here simply because they have the means to " pay their own way" plain and simple. They are generally wealthy, well educated and very well spoken. But my issue is our government would rather support bringing in immigrants based on how much money they have in their accounts rather than they integrity of the person. Thats where our safety is jeopardized... as usual so that big brother can continue to prosper. This is how our country works the more capital you earn the more valuable you are literally.... I personally find it offensive that i have never lived a taxfree day in my life but immigrants are given exemption from paying federal taxes for 7 years. Im offended im catching hell getting a business loan with a 700 credit score but my Laotian friend gets loans all of the time and her credit is crap! But hey... this is what happens when your govt works against its ppl rather than for them
    EvolutionofTara

Answer by EvolutionofTara at 6:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• The terrorist had a specific goal and didn't want to stand out in any way as illegal, no ambition, but a premeditated murder plan.

Answer by older at 6:40 PM on May. 5, 2010

• $$$ and skills-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:59 PM on May. 5, 2010

• They get FUNDED

and some are threatened with the murder of their families

Some are told and convinced they are on God's side

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:00 PM on May. 5, 2010

• LOL I hadn't thought of that! What struck me was that it seems to me that most of the bombs in the ME seem to work just fine. Yet how many have not detonated here in the States?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:10 PM on May. 5, 2010