Do you believe once saved always saved?

Why or why not? All scripture welcome. Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 5:44 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Baptist and this is the only issue in which I disagree with my church. I find no scriptures that back up the once saved always saved notion. I don't believe you can be saved then stray from God's path, never return, and still be saved.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:54 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i'm not too sure about all the saving business but i would believe that if their is a yewah, as you say , he would want you to ask for forgiveness if you do any wrong at any time...not just once.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• To be honest, I would like to think so. But I dont know if that applies to me, I was saved but I just stopped going to church, it is suppose to be a place of worship, so why did I feel left out. I have piercings and tattoos, and also like to drink, so am I bound for hell, they said those are sins....now would u want to continue to go and be judged... :(
    Anonymous

• Nope. I believe that to be "saved" you have to believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord/ Son of God. If you no longer believe that, you are free.

Why? B/c I used to be a Christian and no longer believe in it. I feel absolutely nothing in my heart for anything in the Christian religion, even though I was devoted one for 15 yrs. I can NEVER look back, after the things I've experienced and learned.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:55 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Matt. 24:13, RS: “He who endures to the end will be saved.” (So a person’s final salvation is not determined at the moment that he begins to put faith in Jesus.)

Heb. 10:26, 27, RS: “If we sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful prospect of judgment, and a fury of fire which will consume the adversaries.” (Thus the Bible does not go along with the idea that no matter what sins a person may commit after he is “saved” he will not lose his salvation. It encourages faithfulness.

also read Hebrews 6:4-6,
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:06 PM on May. 5, 2010

• No. It's an ongoing process of learning to be a better person, not a one time event.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:08 PM on May. 5, 2010

• OK so I lied I didn't log off yet. No salvation is an ongoing process. There is more to learn every day. Also we are only human so we fall. We get back up and continue on. I know I over simplified it.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:10 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I hope not, I was baptised when my ex insisted we officially join the church we'd been sort of attending. I wasn't really crazy about the idea, but at the time couldn't come up with a good reason why I didn't want to do it. I was actually trying to be a good Christian wife, and failed miserably. Some years later I discovered that my core beliefs were closer to Paganism then anything else.

So I hope that the 'once saved-always saved' thing is not set in stone, I don't believe in the Christian heaven or hell...wonder where I'd end up at? lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:16 PM on May. 5, 2010

• It is all based on the condition of your heart. I believe that those who are truly saved will not turn away forever. They may stumble and fall but they will realize that the walk through life without God is very dangerous, lonely and empty. There are those who get so lost and deep into sin that they truly believe the lies of the enemy...that they can't possibly be forgiven and loved by God. And then there are those allow the world to harden their hearts. They no longer seek the kingdom because they are in step with the things of this world to the point that it exposes their true nature (what they have conformed to) that they truly do not want to face, so they are full of pride and arrogance.

2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:17 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Nope, you gotta keep on truckin'.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:18 PM on May. 5, 2010