wait 1.5 years between pregnancies?

I just got back from my doctor's office today and I asked how long I should wait to get pregnant and she told me a year and a half from my last delivery...ugh! Honestly, I'd like to do it sooner. This will be my 3rd and final...and also my 3rd c/s. Any thoughts?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 6:00 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never listened to doctors. My children are 18, 19, 22 and 23. I wouldn't have it any other way. 4 C-sections too (only because of the 1st one, back in 1986 they didn't do them so you could have VBACs). No health complications while pregnant and no health issues because I had 4 babies in 5 years. My children were all very healthy as well...8#1/2oz/20 1/2 in long, 7#3oz./19 in. long, 10#12oz./24 in. long and 7#10oz./119 in. long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• That is just what is healthiest to do, but you know it doesn't always happen that way. Do what is right for you and your family.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:01 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i have heard two years is ideal for allowing your uterus to recover.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:24 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Personally I feel at least a year is healthiest for mom to fully recover from the last pregnancy, but there are many women who do it sooner. Also if you had a c-section that may be why the doctor is giving the longer time frame. I let nature space my children since I was a SAHM who nursed exclusively and gave no artificial nipples and I ended up pregnant when #1 was 15 months old.
    Anonymous

• I got pregnant with my second like two weeks after my first turned one. I know someone who had a baby in april, got pregnant in august less than 4 months after giving birth...had THAT baby in april the next year....got pregnant AGAIN in august....and had ANOTHER baby the next year in april....so she only waited about 4 months to get pregnant...

they recomend you to wait because they want your body to be completely healed before you have to carry another child again...
    Anonymous

• Two years apart is baby smart lol or so im told anyways
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:21 PM on May. 5, 2010

• oops...19 not 119, LOL
    Anonymous

• I had 3 under 3 and I was fine!! However I think its different with C sections. That is probably the reason your doc wanted you to wait!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 11:20 AM on May. 6, 2010