wait 1.5 years between pregnancies?

I just got back from my doctor's office today and I asked how long I should wait to get pregnant and she told me a year and a half from my last delivery...ugh! Honestly, I'd like to do it sooner. This will be my 3rd and final...and also my 3rd c/s. Any thoughts?

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 6:00 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never listened to doctors. My children are 18, 19, 22 and 23. I wouldn't have it any other way. 4 C-sections too (only because of the 1st one, back in 1986 they didn't do them so you could have VBACs). No health complications while pregnant and no health issues because I had 4 babies in 5 years. My children were all very healthy as well...8#1/2oz/20 1/2 in long, 7#3oz./19 in. long, 10#12oz./24 in. long and 7#10oz./119 in. long.

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• That is just what is healthiest to do, but you know it doesn't always happen that way. Do what is right for you and your family.

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:01 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i have heard two years is ideal for allowing your uterus to recover.

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:24 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Personally I feel at least a year is healthiest for mom to fully recover from the last pregnancy, but there are many women who do it sooner. Also if you had a c-section that may be why the doctor is giving the longer time frame. I let nature space my children since I was a SAHM who nursed exclusively and gave no artificial nipples and I ended up pregnant when #1 was 15 months old.

• I got pregnant with my second like two weeks after my first turned one. I know someone who had a baby in april, got pregnant in august less than 4 months after giving birth...had THAT baby in april the next pregnant AGAIN in august....and had ANOTHER baby the next year in she only waited about 4 months to get pregnant...

they recomend you to wait because they want your body to be completely healed before you have to carry another child again...

• Two years apart is baby smart lol or so im told anyways

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:21 PM on May. 5, 2010

• oops...19 not 119, LOL

• I had 3 under 3 and I was fine!! However I think its different with C sections. That is probably the reason your doc wanted you to wait!

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 11:20 AM on May. 6, 2010