Why would someone tell you things you didn't even ask about?

Like my skids my teenage ss talks about what is going on at his mom's home and it does not sound good she is never there for them so they are unattended most of the time yes they are teenagers but come on they still need an adult figure I mean there's drinking, sex (he hasn't told me that YET!!! The sex part) I can only assume and the police have already been there I don' t like hearing this but damn I can not mention this to my dh he would freak!!! I just tell him to careful and use his head wisely. The mom has problems of her own so he says...I hate knowing this and not being able to tell my dh but for some reason he trust me so I will not break that trust with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I guess my question would be.. Why can't you tell DH? If he is a teen, he can have a say in where he lives now.. Maybe he is coming to you for help or a way out of her house..

Has he asked you not to tell you DH? I would ask SS what he wants you to do with this type of information.. It might be a cry for help but he doesn't want to hurt his mom by moving out...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• You MUST tell the child's father

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 PM on May. 5, 2010

• So if something serious happens, and your husband finds out you knew about the problems, how do you think he's going to react. Meet the problem head on and do something about it together. Might as well ride the storm out together. The kid needs your help and support.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 6:49 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Make him tell his own father. And quick.
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 7:15 PM on May. 5, 2010

• My guess is that it is his way of asking for help................ If he keeps telling you then it is because it is bothering him. Maybe he is feeling a bit abandoned. I would let his father know. It sounds like he is trying to reach out.

Anonymous

• I'm confused....what does he need to tell his father?? And why cant you tell your DH??
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 1:35 AM on May. 6, 2010

• My guess would be that he is reaching out to you for help... My SD did the same thing with me & we found out she was being abused & neglected. The situation could be far worse (not saying it is, but it might be).
    I would sit down with your SS & tell him that he really needs to talk to his dad about it. Tell him you are very worried & you feel that it is becoming a safety issue, because that's not how moms are supposed to act. Just talk to him like an adult, so he doesn't feel like you are talking down to him. Also, it might make him feel better if you offer to be there when he talks to his dad.
    Good luck!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:24 AM on May. 6, 2010

• OP here It's not like that ladies when he tells me he acts like it is no big deal the reason we don't tell his dad he would be pissed and cause problems with the ex it is really out of our hands these kids live with her not us she is always threaten to increase cs and we can not afford it either all we can do is talk to the teens and pray they make good choices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 6, 2010