What benefit do you get by drinking those pouch drinks?

I mean you get a bottled water bottle and pour this koolaid looking stuff and drink it I see people do this I don't know if it is to drink more water or what... But is there anything good by it.

Example: I have been drinking a 32oz. Of water and thought I would try this crystal light-strawberry eh! It is ok for flavor wise but the after taste I don't care for.
What if I were to put a little bit of instant tea or koolaid or tang just enough to give it flavor and to drink more water so what is the difference? Thanks ladies for your time and helping me understand this a little better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I use the crystal light packets now & then if I'm struggling to drink enough in a day (dehydrating is dangerous for me due to a heart problem). I personally love the strawberry one ;). I use 1 packet to about 40 oz of water - enough for a decent amount of flavor but not so overpowering. Have you tried some other flavors? I've thought about using koolaid instead because at least I wouldn't be getting the fake stuff, but then again, adding in a couple ounces of your favorite 100% juice would be better...or squeezing in 1/4 lemon or lime or orange...methinks tomorrow shall be grocery day!
    Anonymous

• I prefer Fruit-2-O or Aquafina flavored water.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:26 PM on May. 5, 2010

• you can add what you want to it, but its still not the same as drinking plain water. Think about it, most drinks are mostly water however the ADDED ingredients are no good. Drink some plain water
    Anonymous

• People use them because they like the taste. The drink them for the same reason that other people drink soda. Though the people adding powder to water probably think it is healthier than soda.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I like flavored water. Thank-you-very-much! Now go drink your water and stop worrying yourself about what I am drinking!

Flavored water tastes yummy!!

Anonymous

• Oh yeah, I forgot to add... I like the power-aid powder that you add to water.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:40 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I love AquaFina flavored water.yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:01 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I hate the taste of plain water so I add Propel to it. It's still water, it's better for me than something with caffiene. There's 20 calories per 16.5oz. of water, 2g sugar and it contains Vitamin C, Niacin, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B-12. Sometimes I have Crystal Light which has 10 calories per 16.5 oz. of water, 0 sugar. I know it has Spelnda or whatever but it's still better than soda or juice for me. why do you care what people drink as long as they ARE getting the water their bodies need. I drink 100-120oz. of water a day, NO soda, NO tea, NO coffee. That's a good thing.
    Anonymous

• Like vita-waters? Im sure they are great but I think its hype and marketing. I will just pop my vitamins thank you and eat my veggies.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:51 PM on May. 5, 2010

• It's better to add a little bit of fruit to water. Those packets have all kinds of crap in them and they're usually pretty expensive too. It's cheaper and healthier to add a wedge of lemon, lime, or orange to water. I keep a lemon in the fridge and put a eighth in to a glass of water when I feel like something different. It's supposed to be good for weight loss too, I figure it can't hurt.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:04 PM on May. 5, 2010