trying to put together mothers day gifts....

I want something creative and special to give to my mom, mil and gmil... but my ideas may not work. I love doing things with pictures, but my printer sucks, I don't think any of my CDs are working to burn pics onto and it looks like it will be more of a hassle than anything now. I wanted to do a little potted plant and have the kids do hand prints on it, but my mil is allergic to everything and doesn't have time to care for plants, and my gmil has trouble doing that stuff now, although she loved gardening before. My kids are 3 1/2 and 22 months and I'm expecting my third boy.... any suggestions?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 6:32 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We decorated some large clothes pins I got at the craft store, added some circle magnets. Then we also painted some boxes and decorated them. Personal, cheap and cute. I posted how we did them earlier on the holidays thread. If you are looking for some personal gifts from your kids, the mother's of the children loved them when they got picked up today. The kids were so proud too!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 6:41 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Why not create SILK flower arrangements in colors that coordinate with color schemes in their home? You can set them in terra cotta planters and still have the kids put their hand prints all over the planter, then you can add their names, ages, and the year using a Sharpie permanent marker. Tie the neck of the planter with a pretty bow, and on a popsicle stick, glue on a little homemade greeting card, and glue the stick to the inside of the planter. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:43 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Not so creative but this is what I did.

I picked up 2 frames from Michael's.Went to the scrapbooking area and got some embellishments(cute Ballerina stuff) .Popped in a photo of my daughter.I put that with some cute blank card sets and some memo pads.Plus mothers day cards from my hubby,daughter and I.Wrapped it up in tissue paper and shipped it off to Nana and Grandma. Cheap thoughtful and easy.:0)

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 7:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I'm so frustrated right now because I wanted to do something with pictures in it and my printer is really sucking right now and I can't get these pictures to copy onto a CD so I can get them printed :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:46 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I think you can e-mail the pictures to like wal-mart or walgreens and have them printed
    Anonymous