How are the boycotts going in your area?

A group was supposed to have a big May day rally here in Houston. Besides the media who was expecting a good size group, 3 people shoewd up. LOL
Today the Arizona Diamondbacks are playing the Astros here in Houston. Lulac has been advertising a boycott of the game and said they would have people outside the stadium protesting. The game starts soon and were 4 people there a half an hour ago. One of those left rather quickly for some reason and now there are 3. LOL
I have to say I am surprised but happy that Lulac couldn't get together even a small group for this rally especially knowing the large amount of legal and illegal hispanics here. Anyone else have rallys or boycotts in their city?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 6:50 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No boycotts here in the Twin Cities. I just saw on the Evening News that the Suns are playing with Jerseys printed in Spanish. :-)
    Phoenix Suns. Los Suns. Good for them.
    Anonymous

• Al Sharpton is here in Phoenix and I think Danny Glover. I guess they had to be the token Minority Celebrities here to make AZ out to be a bunch of racist for enforcing federal law... I am personally ready to boycott anyone who thinks they need to boycott AZ !!
    Anonymous

• I haven't heard a word about boycotting in my area.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:20 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Nothing going on here in the Lehigh Valley area of PA--and Allentown is a "sanctuary city!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Michael Berry was talking about this on his show and was trying to rally more support for the Astro's game. 3 people huh? That's going to make an impact.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:39 PM on May. 5, 2010

• The fact that many hispanic, minorites in general, and LEGAL migrants agree with the law, I would think that would tell you something. The media and special interest groups are pretty much passing out key phrases for people to recite, when it has nothing to do with the law.. I hope AZ sticks to its guns instead of letting celebrities and special interests run the country!
    Anonymous

• wait, what are we boycotting?
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:17 PM on May. 5, 2010

• LOL..... Kudos to them for embracing their freedom of assembly... All 7 or 8 of them! ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:44 PM on May. 5, 2010

***
    Maybe the media has them confused with the "Coffee Party?!" LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:46 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Nothing here...and we have a Mexican consulate. I think they decided to channel it all into last weekend's May Day demonstrations.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:13 PM on May. 5, 2010