70 something yr old grandma goes to jail overnight for slapping foul mouthed teen

this video made me sad for some reason. i feel bad for the grandma, she looks like a nice respectable grandmother and is obviously taking care of her grandchildren. i know cops have guidelines to follow, but they should of made an exception in this situation and gave her a warning. but hasnt anybody told this lady that were not in the 1940's anymore? your not allowed to hit your kids. & i definatly dont agree with violance. even a slap, its just unnecessary. it teaches violence, & to deal with your anger with violence.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/36966287#36966287

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 6:54 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I disagree that kids would benefit from being slapped more often. I really disagree,based on how I was raised and how I raised my kids. We spoke with good taste, no "F" bombs, just a few words such as "darn" .....no slapping or smacking either. Slapping and smacking is the parent's way to show they are too lazy to discuss issues. They smack instead.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:25 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I don't approve of slapping kids either. But, knowing how kids talk nowdays,I bet she was at the end of her rope. I feel for her. But slapping is not good. WHY are kids so foul-mouthed now? Wow...when I had kids,they rarely said bad words and their friends didn't either. And they didn't have any episodes of bad temper, outbursts,etc. They were cool kids. Do you think the movies and TV shows, the Internet,makes kids think it is cool to use filthy words? ANd inspire them to flip out and have tantrums? This is all new to me. I am glad my kids are grown up. Yikes....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:06 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Good for granny! If foul mouthed kids were smacked more often maybe our world would be a better place.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:15 PM on May. 5, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/412860/Does_anyone_know_the_story_about_felicia_collier_whos_grandmother_slapped_her

another Op has this message - worth reading, two sides to every story
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• This girl isn't a young teen, she's 18. That makes her an adult. Grandma slapped her, but she punched grandma. The cops SHOULD have hauled both of them off and than released grandma.

Where the heck are this girls parents?!? If one of my boys ever just talked that way around any of their grandparents (at any age) they would make the Lawrence Welk bubble machine green with envy ~ AFTER they picked themselves up off the floor. That is NO way for a teen to talk or act.

I hope that grandma not only bars her from her computer, but from her home ~ permanently. Maybe if she has to get a job and buy her own computer to finish school she'll understand just what an ungrateful, mean spirited, foul mouthed person she really is. This is what happens when parents don't 'parent' and it's a shame grandma was the one that paid for it.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:30 PM on May. 5, 2010

I agree with this
    Anonymous

***
    Pretty much what I alluded to, but the OP "aka older sister" of this girl in the thread above this one, didn't exactly agree with me!! LOL Oh, well! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:12 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Poor thing! That is just messed up.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:22 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I will leave it at this. I had a thread about my sister before. I was being bashed by lorikeet, she just kept going on and on. I am not here to argue with anyone. she will however come at me again, because she has issues apparently.anyways, thats not why I came in to this thread. Like I said in my last post,I have a teen age child and I would never and I repeat never my child have a foul mouth with me.That being said, I am not a abuser unlike Felicia's grand mother.I have nothing to gain from this. I wanted to let everyone know that there is always two sides to every story. My sister was verbally and physically abused growing up with her grand parents not mine, she is my sister from me father that is no longer with us.Her mom is unstable and dss gave custody to the closest relatives. Her grandmother always put her down, and used physical abuse as a punishment for everything.Felicia has a story, and I will be her voice for now
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I can't tell you how often my grandma's smacked me as a teenager!! My gosh, she probably NEEDED it!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:39 PM on May. 5, 2010