Screaming

My son will be 2 in July and has the most annoying high pitch scream...it literally makes my eardrums vibrate. The more I tell him to stop the more he screams. He did it for about 5 minutes straight earlier today when I put him in bed for being bad.
He's doing it again now. At least my husband is here this time. Testing limits is a phase but this one may very well make me mental.
I love my kids but DAMN.... He pushes my buttons with that scream. I am outside and I CAN STILL HEAR HIM....AGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried matching him scream for scream. I mean literally screaming right long with him. My youngest will be 2 in August and I am right there with you. When he starts (which has been a while) I Just match the pitch of his scream and go for it. Soon he will be looking at you as if you have lost your mind. That also works for temper-tantrums too.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 7:02 PM on May. 5, 2010

• My son was the same and it drove me nuts, especially after I had given birth to my second. I was told to ignore him, so I did. Everytime he asked for something he knew he wasn't allowed to have, he'd start the screaming, but I ignored him and pretended not to hear him, becauseI knew that he was just trying to provoke me, and believe it or not, he did stop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Invest in some earplugs. He keeps doing it b/c he knows its getting to you. Put the earplugs in so it can at least soften the sound for you & ignore it. If he gets no reaction, he should stop.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 10:16 AM on May. 6, 2010